Sunday, December 7, 2008

wonderful day

Yesterday was one of the most enjoyable days I've had in a very long time. Despite the recent stresses of finals and upcoming end-of-semester deadlines, I was somehow able to let that all go and just enjoy myself.

Tim is visiting this weekend (of course), so we decided to do something out of the ordinary. We slept in late, and then got up and headed off to the Ecotarium and spent a few hours looking at reptiles and playing with the exhibits like 5-year olds. It was so much fun. This was followed by lunch on Shrewsbury St., and and expedition around the city to find Bear Republic Racer 5 beer (thank you KJ Barron's!) then we went home to cook dinner. Tim was amazed at my mahi mahi, salad, and sweet potatos. Kimmy was in town, so we went out for drinks later with a few friends. It was the perfect finish to an amzing day. I really feel like things are falling into place whether or not I am happy with everything else I have to deal with.

Growing up happens fast.

No comments: