Monday, December 8, 2008

corporate-free christmas

So, the pledge that I made to do a corporate-free christmas has turned out to be quite successful!
I just made my last order (from etsy.com) and got this email response, not automted, from a real person:

Thanks so much for your tie purchase - it is currently being made to orderand will ship tomorrow. :) Each is handmade uniquely just for you at the time of purchase.

My brother should love the tie I got him - it's a little nerdy and humorous but really hip looking. With that, the shopping is done! Every gift I got has either been from etsy or from local artisans. It feel very rewarding to support artists and crafters while at the same time getting really special and unique gifts for the people I care about. This Christmas required a little extra thought and planning, but it was so worth it! I can not wait to give everyone their gifts. It should be an extra special holiday season....

No comments: