Monday, November 10, 2008

simply an update

Late Saturday night my uncle Richard passed away. He had been suffering for months from cancer, and I know he is in a good place and his soul is with his family always.

What I am struggling with is keeping up with course assignments, readings, little things I need to remember (like loan payments and course registration... oops!) when I am discovering new emotions and dealing with bigger life events every day. Academically and organizationally I am not in a great place - I have no idea where I'm going with my life and my master's paper and my personal budget, but other things are falling so well into place.

I am seeing an amazing guy who makes me happy and makes the world a more beautiful place. He is becoming an important part of my support system and we have so much fun together. My friends and I are going through life transformations that, while seemingly dragging us apart, are in fact pulling us even closer together. We are growing together from college students into young, driven adults.

The recent change with the political climate in this nation has been incredibly inspiring to me. Now that this race is over, I hope that the enthusiasm that inspired so many will not give way to the daily grind or a feeling of success. We need to continue watching the news, making our voices heard, and fighting for our beliefs.

All for now. Not very coherent, but I'm working on this whole thoughts and feelings into words that make sense thing....


No comments: